Stainless Steel Hose
The flexible stainless steel hose manufactured at Proflex Hose is suitable for use with both liquids and gases in a variety of intensive applications. As a stainless steel conduit, it is highly resistant to heat and can be used in high-temperature roles, while also being very resistant to corrosion. This corrosion resistance gives flexible stainless steel pipe the ability to survive in tough environments and carry a range of fluids. A tough, resilient and long-lasting material, stainless steel flexible conduit is perfect for use in a wide range of applications.
Flexible Metal Hose
- Proflex Hose stainless steel conduit is made using annular corrugated stainless steel hose
- The steel used in our flexible stainless steel pipe is Type 321 Stainless Steel
- Type 316 Stainless Steel Flexible Hose is available where even greater corrosion resistance is required
- Stainless Steel conduit is a perfect way to resolve pipe misalignment issues
- If you have a project requiring temperature resistance, corrosion resistance or a flexible hose that can stand up to pressure or a vacuum, our stainless steel flexible metal conduit is the hose for you
- All Proflex Hose flexible metal hose is manufactured in-house, to our rigorous standards
- All stainless steel flexible hose assemblies made by Proflex Hose are subjected to a submerged pressure test to ensure full functionality
- Flexible metal conduit can be made from other materials, including advanced alloys such as Monel and Inconel, or traditional performance metals like Bronze
- A full selection of fittings and finishes are available from Proflex Hose, including flanges, screw ends, hydraulic hose fittings and other fittings to fit your requirements.
Stainless Steel Braided Hose
The range of stainless steel braided hose provided by Proflex Hose are made to be amazingly durable and great in strength. With this form of hose, an external layer of braid is added to prevent the elongating of a tube when pressure is applied. This enables better flexibility and movement for the hose.
The Stainless steel braided hose is perfect for industries working with heating, ventilation and automation. This is due to the hose’s high resistance to pressure and also due to their durability. This range of hose usually comes in a variety of bore sizes and lengths, also with different end connections.
Stainless Steel Hose Construction
The flexible metal hose available from Proflex Hose is made to a strict standard, ensuring a reliable, high-quality hose that always performs to the level you require. The core of the flexible stainless steel hose is a relatively thin tube, which is corrugated to allow flexibility in any direction without compromising strength or durability. Around this flexible core, a weave of stainless steel wire is placed, sheathing the interior tube and providing impressive resistance against pressure from inside and out, as well as improving durability and providing powerful protection against physical damage, corrosion and the elements. More than one layer of this braiding may be fitted as necessary, depending on your needs.
Flexible Stainless Steel Conduit Applications
As the corrugated interior tube is seamless, stainless steel conduit is ideal for use with liquids or gasses under pressure, especially when fitted with external braiding. With first-rate corrosion resistance, a stainless steel flexible conduit is also ideal for use in chemically demanding situations – and this combination of factors makes them absolutely perfect for use in the petrochemical industry, or in steelmaking, chemical smelting, the automotive industry the power generation industry and dozens more.
These stainless steel hoses can be used in a range of roles within these industries, including carrying fluids and gases, correcting misalignment in piping or absorbing vibrations.
When you purchase a flexible metal hose from Proflex Hose, you can be sure that you are receiving a quality product. All of our stainless steel conduits are tested underwater, pumped full of compressed air and held under high pressure to ensure no leaks anywhere on the assembly.
Use in Application
The limitations of Proflex Hose’s flexible stainless steel hose are specified in the product manual, but other factors may influence the capabilities of your product, including mechanical abuse, abrasions or exceptional usage demands. Unless all of these details are provided to Proflex Hose in advance to allow the recommendation of the best possible product for your needs, then Proflex Hose regrets that it cannot accept responsibility for unsatisfactory performance.
- Annular ‘U’ form hose
- Type 304 stainless steel – standard weight
- Specialist hose is suitable for vibration, pipe work misalignment, extreme temperature, chemicals, pressure and vacuum uses.
- Material available Standard 304 Stainless Steel, 316 for greater chemical resistance and sub sea drenching.
- Other materials available on request (depending on quantity) such as Monel, Inconel, Hastaloys and Bronze.
- A full range of end fittings such as flanges, hygienic screwed fittings, male & female BSP in stainless steel and mild steel are also available.